Upon completion of Risk Management Pediatrics
, you should be able to:
1. List the most common errors made by pediatricians that give rise to avoidable malpractice suits.
2. Describe prescribing strategies that will help avoid medication errors.
3. Explain what "premature closure" is, and why it leads to diagnostic errors.
4. Describe your duties to the parents and other family members of your patients.
5. Describe the scope of your duty when making or accepting a specialty referral.
6. Explain what a "curb-side consult" is, and circumstances under which it may create a duty of care.
7. List the steps needed to create a fool-proof method for keeping track of test results, and why such a system is necessary.
Learn More About
Risk Management Pediatrics