Risk Management Rounds: Oral Surgery Series 1
is designed for oral surgeons who want to limit their liability and avoid medical and surgical errors.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Explain the need for orally reviewing with new patients any written medical history questionnaires or other documents they provide.
2. Understand the importance of obtaining and reviewing the patient's prior medical records.
3. Recognize the importance of communicating with the patient's primary care physician and other care givers.
4. List the steps necessary to prevent positive test results from being filed away before they are brought to
5. Describe the duties of an oral surgeon in obtaining informed consent.
6. Understand their duties when the patient fails to follow medical advice for follow-up care or testing.
More About Risk Management Rounds: Oral Surgery Series 1