Upon completion of Risk Management Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
, you should be able to:
1. Identify the most common reasons why child and adolescent psychiatrists get sued for malpractice.
2. Explain your obligations to maintain patient confidentiality under federal and state laws.
3. List circumstances that would justify breaching patient confidentiality.
4. Explain your duty to a patient's parents and other third parties.
5. Outline documentation practices that will reduce your liability while improving patient care.
6. Identify steps that will reduce the chances of making a medication error.
Learn More About
Risk Management Child and Adolescent Psychiatry