Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation - A Comprehensive
is designed for physiatrists and residents and fellows in physical medicine and rehabilitation who are planning for ABPMR exams or looking for a thorough review of the field.
Topics include: Cervical Spine Care, Musculoskeletal Ultrasound, Stress Fractures, Exercise, Osteoarthritis Update, Peripheral Neuropathies, Radiculopathy, Nerve Conduction, Cerebral Palsy, Amputee Care, Neurogenic Bladder, Traumatic Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury, Aphasia and many more.
After completing Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
, you will be able to:
• Perform a thorough history, with emphasis on functional impact, and a comprehensive physical examination
• Apply current literature to the evaluation and management of patients
• Formulate collaboration with colleagues in various healthcare disciplines to provide the most effective patient-oriented care
• Assess relevant treatment options that prioritize the patient's functional outcome
• Explain to patients and families the treatment options, rehabilitation outcomes, and prognosis
• Assess the need for referral to a subspecialist physiatrist or specialist in another field