Orthopaedic Surgery Board Review: Oakstone Board Review
Posted by...Bernard Sklar, MD.
Orthopedic Surgery CME Credit hours...33.
CME Credits Awarded by....Oakstone Publishing, LLC.
Cost...........Varies according to format from $895 to $1295.
month's special offers on Board Reviews and CME
Instruction Type...Slide-Video Lectures.
Formats...Online Video, DVDs/MP4s, Audio CDs, PDF syllabus, and
Target Audiences...Orthopaedic Surgeons preparing for part 1 of
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery or Part 1 of American
Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery; Orthopaedic Surgeons
preparing for re-certification exams; Orthopaedic Surgery
Residents preparing for annual in-training exam. Practicing
surgeons who wish to refresh their knowledge.
Educational material last updated....October 15, 2016.
Expiration of CME credit...October 15, 2019.
Topics covered by the Orthopaedic Surgery Board
Biomechanics, Adult Orthopaedic Infections, Reconstructive Issues Regarding the Adult Shoulder, Principles of Adult Polytrauma & Perioperative Management, Pediatric Sports Medicine, Gait, Prosthetics and Orthotics, Musculoskeletal Tumors in Adults & Children and many others.
Upon completion of the Orthopaedic Surgery Board
, you will be able to:
• Describe appropriate evaluation and management of core adult and pediatric orthopaedic problems
• Demonstrate comprehension of current standards of care in orthopaedic surgery
• Recognize and diagnose selected rare problems in both adult and pediatric orthopaedic settings
• Discuss selected basic science aspects of a wide variety of orthopaedic diagnoses
• Explain key concepts in certain non-operative aspects of orthopaedic surgery, including biomechanics and biomaterials, as well as medicolegal and ethical issues