New Insights into Age-Related Macular Degeneration and Geographic Atrophy
Live online March 2, 2017, (Sessions 1 and 2), and April 12, 2017 (Session 3), and available on demand through April 12, 2018.
Posted by...Bernard Sklar, MD.
Free Optometry CE Credit hours...3.0
CE Credits Awarded by....New England College of Optometry.
Instruction Type...Streaming Video Lecture and discussion.
Target Audiences...This program is intended for optometrists who have significant numbers of people with age-related macular degeneration and geographic atrophy in their patient care panels and other eye care professionals with an interest in the treatment of age-related macular degeneration and geographic atrophy.
Educational material updated...April 12, 2017.
Expiration of CE credit...April 12, 2018.
Financial Support...Genentech Inc
This activity consists of three sessions, each of which should take approximately 1 hour to complete.
At the conclusion of New Insights into Age-Related Macular Degeneration and Geographic Atrophy
, you will be able to:
• Identify the risk factors for AMD and the role of the complement pathway in the pathogenesis of GA
• Describe the progression of early AMD to GA and monitoring parameters that can identify disease progression
• Discuss the importance of routine eye exams and prompt referral when patients with AMD experience disease progression
• Assess the efficacy and safety of emerging treatment options for GA secondary to AMD
• Identify patient barriers to the optimal management of AMD and how they may be effectively addressed through education
• Describe the benefits of comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to the management of AMD