Management and Administration of Laboratories: The Oakstone Institute Board Review
Posted by...Bernard Sklar, MD.
Pathology CME Credit Hours...17.5.
CME Credits Awarded by....Oakstone Publishing, LLC
Cost...........$895 or 1095 depending on the formats you choose.
Instruction Type...Slide-Video Lectures.
Format...Online Video or DVD. You also receive a USB drive with MP4 data files that can be imported into iTunes and synced to other mobile devices for your permanent library.
Target Audiences....This course is intended for both training and practicing Laboratory Directors and senior level clinical laboratory scientists.
Educational material last updated....June 15, 2015.
Expiration of CME credit...June 15, 2018.
Topics covered in Management and Administration of
Basic Statistics, Equipment, Finances & Budget, Information Management, Laboratory Safety, Licensure and Accreditation, Management of Costs, Personnel Management, Quality Control, Reimbursement & Productivity, Staffing & Scheduling and many more.
Viewing Management and Administration of
will help you to better:
• Understand licensure requirements and current regulations for operating a clinical laboratory
• Summarize the responsibilities of the Laboratory Director
• Understand the essential elements of a Quality Management System
• Incorporate professional society recommendations pertaining to personnel, budget, equipment, safety and other areas of lab operations
• Implement and sustain the highest levels of quality control while incorporating basic regulations into management of the lab