Comprehensive Review of Blood Banking: The Oakstone Institute Clinical Update
Posted by...Bernard Sklar, MD.
Blood Banking CME Credit hours...13.0.
CME Credits Awarded by....Oakstone Publishing LLC.
month's special offers on Board Reviews and CME
Instruction Type...Slide-Video Lectures.
Formats...Online Video. You also receive a USB drive with MP4 data files that can be imported into iTunes and synced to other mobile devices for your permanent library.
Target Audience...Pathology residents, cytopathology fellows, practicing pathologists for re-certification (clinical pathology boards or transfusion medicine subspecialty boards).
Educational material last updated...August 1, 2015.
Expiration of CME credit...August 1, 2018.
Topics covered in Comprehensive Review of Blood
include: blood banking, blood components, blood
groups, typing, antibody screen, antibody identification, adverse
reactions, blood transfusion, molecular techniques and many
completing Comprehensive Review of Blood
, you should be better able to:
• Describe the blood components obtained and processed at blood
center collection facilities
• Recognize the clinically significant blood groups and how to test
for their presence (group, typing, antibody screen, antibody
• Identify the many adverse reactions that can occur with blood
• Apply guidelines for transfusion of the products using
• Discuss blood components, how they are collected, processed and
• Apply the most updated knowledge and molecular techniques in daily